Remote or Wi-Fi Printing
The Wauconda Area Library now offers remote printing with PrinterOn web-based print service. You can print a document at the library using your computer and a web browser, whether you are at the library or not.
- Print quickly and easily from anywhere without installing print drivers.
- Print virtually any type of document.
- Document options include page range, orientation, and number of copies.
- Automatic deletion of print data upon processing
How to Print Remotely
- Prepare your document. Your document must be saved as a file or available as a web page that does not require a login (help).
- Visit http://www.printeron.net/waucondapl/webprint. The PrinterOn Printing Services window will pop up.
- Select a printer from the "Printer" menu:
||Cost per page
||The black and white printer queue at the Library's Printing Center.
||The color printer queue at the Library's Printing Center
- Enter a "User Name" that will identify your print jobs when you go to the Printing Center to get your printout(s). Make up a word or number that you will easily recognize as yours when it is listed at the Printing Center's print station.
- Select the document or web page to print.
- Use the Browse button to browse for a file.
- Type or copy the entire address of the web page to print. To print email and web pages that require a login, see the help page.
- When you have completed the above steps, click the forward arrow to the lower right, under the "Select Document" menu and the next screen will appear.
- Select the desired orientation, number of copies, and which pages to print.
- Click the forward arrow to the lower right, under the "Select Document" menu and the next screen will appear.
- Verify your print job and click the green button on the lower right with printer graphic. Your document will be sent and the next screen will give you your "Document Status" and a Tracking Number. Please take note of this number to identify your print job in the event of a problem.
- Visit the Library's Printing Center to release your job. Print jobs expire and are automatically deleted after 8 hours. The machines will now accept library debit cards, copy cards, coins or cash.
- Documents that require a login to view cannot be printed. Download the document to print first, or save the web page as HTML, then try printing the saved document (help).
- Print jobs expire and are automatically deleted after 8 hours.
- Help is available by clicking the question mark (?) on the Printin Services screen..
- No refunds will be given for blank or unwanted pages.
To print an email, forward it to one of these addresses:
Black & white printer:
Print jobs will remain in the print queue for 8 hours and must be printed during normal business hours. The library is not responsible for discarded jobs or jobs submitted outside of normal operating hours that are then unavailable upon arrival.
The machines will now accept library debit cards, copy cards, coins or cash.
For more information, please call the library at 847-526-6225 ext. 203 or by email.
CLICK HERE TO BEGIN WIRELESS PRINTING