Looking for free or discounted family fun over the holidays? Try the
Macy's Museum Adventure Pass Program
History and culture that excite and inspire, gardens that engage and soothe, hands-on discovery that educates and entertains - all of these and more are waiting for you!
Use your Wauconda Area Library card to receive a Museum Adventure Pass, presented by Macy's, and get free admission or a special discount at one of 17 Chicago area museums.
How to Obtain and Use the Museum Adventure Pass
- Passes are available first come, first served at the Circulation Desk.
- Please have your valid Wauconda Area Library card ready to check out a pass. Most passes admit between 2-4 people. Click here to view specific pass information and discounts by museum.
- Once the pass has been checked out, the Circulation Desk will print out the pass.
- Present your pass and library card to the museum within 7 days.
- Enjoy your day!
Some Restrictions Apply
- Passes are limited to one per person.
- Passes cannot be placed on hold or reproduced.
- Passes cannot be used more than once during the 7 day checkout period.
- Passes cannot be returned early.
- Passes are available first come, first served to Wauconda Area Library cardholders only. If you have a library card from another library, you must obtain your passes from your home library. Click here to view a list of participating libraries.
The series runs September 1, 2009 - August 31, 2010 and is made possible by a generous contribution from Macy's in partnership with the North Suburban Library System.
The Library also has several programs in November and December for your holiday entertainment!
Advanced registration is required for library programs. Register online or call the library 847-526-6225.
Food for Fines Returns!
Monday, November 30 - Sunday, January 3
The library will be accepting donations for the Wauconda/Island Lake Food Pantry in lieu of library fines on overdue items from Monday, November 30 through Sunday, January 3, 2010. This promotion does not include late video/DVD fines or previous fines on your record.
When you return your overdue items to the library, bring in non-perishable items or canned goods to clear your fines on those items. New winter clothing will also be accepted. The food pantry is in special need of items such as:
- Large cans of sweet juice - apple, orange, pineapple
- Cooking oil
- Peanut butter and jelly – average size jars
- Pancake mix and syrup
- Toilet tissue
- Any kind of soap – bath soap, dish soap, laundry soap
- Canned fruit
Monetary donations will also be accepted (checks made out to the Wauconda/Island Lake Food Pantry).
The food pantry greatly appreciates your support during this holiday season!
|Wauconda Area Library 801 N. Main St. Wauconda , IL 60084 847-526-6225